Creating a Culture of Excellent Customer Service
Date/Time: Tuesday, March 22, 2022 - 2:45 PM to 3:30 PM
Log in to Add to My Schedule
What is a Culture of Customer Service Excellence? Many have a very limited view of what this concept really involves and how is it achieved consistently in practice. Yet, customer service can be a key factor that can make or break your company. Take a deep dive into the nuts and bolts of how to deliver an enjoyable experience that will impress your customers and turn them into a referral source for new business. This session will provide tips for establishing a culture of excellent customer service from when the phone rings to when your technicians pull up to the job to complete the project. It will provide guidance on handling different types of customers; working in someone’s home or facility; and, the ethics that come along with occupying these spaces.
As a result of this session, participants should be able to:
- Realize that the concept of customer service excellence incorporates how we think about, how we talk about, and how we actually treat our customers (and prospects). It begins before they are actually a customer and extends through the actual service and into the future.
- Know the importance of your appearance and first impression.
- Understand how we look, act, talk, body language, uniforms, equipment performance and appearance, CSR and service processes, invoicing, post service communications and service success all contribute to the experience your clients have with your team.
- Know the importance of having good communication with the customer – both in person and on the phone.
- Know how to handle complaints and deal with problems head on, don’t ignore a customer, they just want to be heard.
- Know how to handle and speak with different customers – residential, commercial and industrial – and educate them on processes, tools, NADCA and the ASCS.
- Establish internal processes/practices to create uniformity and an expectation of excellence within your team. Train and retrain on these processes!
- Understanding that excellent customer service touches on and can greatly influence other facets of your business and provides opportunities to request referrals, reviews and testimonials.
- Understand the importance of ethics and the impact to customer service.
- Know the importance and impact of a good review or a bad review on the internet.